Quad Rooter Exploit, you might have not heard about this term anywhere but this is something which is trending on internet nowadays. If you don’t know about Quad Rooter then I will be telling you what is Quad Rooter and How you can be safe from this virus.
Quad Rooter is basically a virus or we can say a bug which is in devices which are having Snapdragon Qualcomm Chipset. All the devices which is having any hardware of Qualcomm is been infected by the bug.
This virus was found by a security company name as Checkpoint. They found this virus in snapdragon and said that this virus/bug is really dangerous for your device. If you are doing a bank transaction then any hacker can easily see that what transaction you are doing from your Android device.
Every Android phone which is running on snapdragon chipset was having 4 major viruses and it was solved in the latest Android security update of August 2016.
At that time after checking out this bug in snapdragon devices. Many big companies such as Nexus, Samsung, HTC launched this update for their devices. All this phones were flagship phones.
Google then launched the August security update for their Nexus Devices. When I got to know about this issue. I recently updated my device. If you are having Android device which is running on snapdragon Qualcomm chipset you can even check your device.
Image Credits: Android Authority
Quad Rooter Exploit: Save Your Android Smartphone
Now, you can easily detect if your phone is having this malware or not easily by installing the software from Play Store. You can easily save your device by doing some steps which I will be telling you below in this article.
If you are having Android device. You really don’t want anyone to look into your Android device. Look at your bank transactions and other important stuffs.
Also checkout: How To Remotely Turn Off Your Android By Sending a SMS
We always install applications from outside of the play store. We always post tricks in which you need to install some application from outside of the play store. Such as Pokemon Go, Pokemon Go Bot and many more.
I will suggest you not to install any application from outside of the play store. But this will be temporary after your Android update you can install other application in your device.
How to Know that Your Phone is been Infected by Quad Rooter
- Install Quad Rooter checker in your Android device: Play Store
- Open the application and click on Tap to Scan
- Now, it will search for the Quad Rooter bug in your device.
- If it shows your phone is infected then delete all the applications which you have recently install in your device.
- Go to Settings — Security — Check Unknown Sources.
- Check if your device is having any latest Android update.
- Try to update your device. Make sure you don’t install any application out of play store.
- That’s it. Now, you need to wait for the next update for your device.
- If your device is not infected it will show the screen like this one.
Important points to follow if your phone is infected by Quad Rooter.
- Update your Android device.
- Try not to install any application out of Play Store.
- If you are having rooted device. Then un-root your device.
- If you are getting attachments in emails then don’t download and install in your device.
- Don’t download any kind of Log files in your device.
This way you can solve this issue in your Android device. This was the article about Quad Rooter Exploit. If you face any difficulty feel free to comment below.
I hope you love this article. Share this article with your friends. Let them know about this issues in snapdragon Android devices.
Thank you for visiting and keep visiting for more tips and tricks like this and I will meet you in the next one. Peace out.