Nexus 5 was the flagship phone of the year 2013. This phone was regularly getting updated, and recently we all heard the news of Nexus 5 is not getting the Android N update. This is the reason many Android users are searching for the custom ROM for your device. If you want to try a new custom ROM, then you should give a try to the all new LineageOS. Today, I am going to tell you about the way to Install LineageOS 14.1 (Android N) ROM in Nexus 5.
LineageOS is the newly built custom ROM for most of the Android devices. This ROM is having a lot of great features which were available in CyanogenMod. The best thing about this ROM is it looks completely like CyanogenMod with some changes.
Every Nexus users get the update for two years and Nexus 5 recently completed two years, so there won’t be a new update and security patch for the Nexus 5. If you want to try any ROM, then you can only try LineageOS which is having fewer bugs compare to another custom ROM available for other devices.
This ROM is having features such as Partial Page screenshot, Pixel Google assistant, Multi-window support which is great and all these settings are properly working. This is the second nightly launched from LineageOS, and you can also update this ROM we have mentioned the tutorial below in this article. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Unlock your phone bootloader.
- Custom recovery installed on your phone.
- Rooted Android device.
- Battery above 50%.
- Backup of your complete data using TWRP or using your computer in case of any failure you can revert to your old ROM.
Download LineageOS 14.1 (Android N) ROM in Nexus 5
How to Install LineageOS 14.1 (Android N) ROM in Nexus 5
- Move your custom ROM and Gapps to the appropriate folder so it would be easy for you to flash.
- Now, press power button and wait to completely shut down your phone.
- Boot your phone into bootloader by pressing Volume Down + Volume + Power On.
- Press Volume Down button twice to select the recovery mode and then push the power button.
- Just click on Backup and select Boot, Data, and system and swipe the option and take a complete backup of your ROM.
- Press back button and click on Install and search for your ROM.
- Select the ROM and then move the slider the ROM it will get installed on your phone.
- Now, do the same process with the gapps, and then it will get installed on your phone.
- Click back and then click on Reboot and then your phone will be booted into the all new LineageOS.
- The installation process takes some time for installation around 20 minutes.
- The first boot will also take some time, so all you need to do is wait for 15 mins.
How to Flash Custom Kernel on Your Nexus 5
If you are unhappy with your kernel, then there are a huge number of custom kernels available which you can try on your Nexus 5. The kernels which you can try is the Blue Spark, Franco kernel, and elemental ex.
- Download any custom kernel on your phone internal storage.
- Boot your phone into recovery and click on Install button.
- Search for the kernel and flash it on your phone the way you did while installing the custom ROM.
- Clear your cache and Dalvik cache and done. You have flashed your custom ROM successfully.
This way you can quickly flash the custom ROM on your device. This was the article about the way to install LineageOS 14.1 (Android N) ROM in Nexus 5.
Thank you for visiting and keep visiting for more tips and tricks like this and till that happy flashing.